Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Bear Lake Round One (Family Time)

I know 99% of what I write on these various blogs is of a sarcastic or snarky nature, usually in some sad little attempt to make all you pretend people on the world wide web laugh. But bear with me in a severe, albeit brief, departure from character as I attempt to be sincere in the following paragraph.

Bear Lake is a place that has a tremendous amount of sentimental value to me, and with possible exception of the house I grew up in, the place that I'm the most attached to in the world. I've been going there with my family ever since I was born, and in addition to all the time I've spent there with my extended family from my Dad's side, the Lake, in my mind, will always be strongly associated with my paternal Grandfather, who means the world to me. And on a completely self centered level, I have more memories there than I can count. Suffice to say I'm fond of the place.

The rest of the pictures in this post are from my most recent weekend there with my folks.
















No comments: